Team name and menmbers: Dark Ops ( Jimmy Xie Wei Sicheng Zijiang Zhenzhou Li Ze
Wu Xiaolin Wang Jinxian)
Our country has a population of 1.36 billion, while 17 million of them have visual impairment, which accounts for 1.25% of the population. In Shenzhen, more than 10 thousand people are suffered from visual impairment, however, less than one thousand Braille books are available in reading room for the visually impaired in Shenzhen library. Besides, the refresh rate is so slow that it can not meeting their needs at all. On the other hand, there is only one press publishing Braille reading material in China, and it publishes 200 thousand books per year, far from the needs of 17 million people. One of the reason causing this is the high price of Braille printers, which are commonly over 10 thousand yuan.
- 1. Touching is more impressive than reading for the blind, and Braille is rather suitable for intensive reading. If some of the important content can be recorded in Braille, it will be convenient for both study and office;
- 2. It is an edge tool for speech by the blind, they will no long need to recite the speech draft;
- 3. It is useful for publishing house to print the Braille reading material.
The software is implemented by Python+QT, which enables it to analyze characters and changes
them into Braille lattice, generating the gcode for xy, which finally print the Braille .
1) The word stock of Braille lattice supports both Chinese and English;
2) It supports automated composition;
3) It supports double-sided printing;
4) Gcode standard is compatible, only added with M25 firing pin instruct;
5) It supports quick preview of Braille, which is useful for Braille study.
1) Original machine: the print head is a sliding block driven by a steering engine and spring.
It has to move 0~6 times to print a square;
2) Second generation machine: the print head is constituted by two rows of needles installed on
the turntable,and each row has 0~3 needles. The print head is driven by crank sliding block,
so that it can print a square by one push.